TRAFFIC SAFETY, PARKING TIPS & VALET DROP-OFF
It is important that all of our students arrive at school each morning safely and on time. Due to the sever traffic problems that occur before and after school at our campus, we are requesting your assistance with this potentially dangerous situation, and ask that you follow these traffic safety guidelines:
- NO PARKING AT ST. JOHN’S CHURCH PARKING LOT across from Clover.
- There is NO PARKING or DROPPING OFF in the Clover Ave Staff Parking lot or driveway. This is for Staff Only.
- Never drop your child off in the street. Please do not double park and drop your child off or pick them up. Pull all the way to the curb and open the door on the curbside to allow your children to exit or enter your vehicle.
- Try to arrive at Clover on the school side of the street. Do not allow your children or yourself to jaywalk across the street. Please use the marked crosswalks to cross the street.
- Do not park or stop in the "Buses Only" zone in front of Clover Ave. Look for the signs indicating "Buses Only".
- Please do not block the driveways of homes around Clover. Our school is in a residential neighborhood and we want to be good neighbors. Also, do not honk for your child at pick-up time.
Here are some suggestions for stress-free and safe arrivals and departures:
- Leave home with enough time to choose a safe route and a safe drop off point for your child.
- Please use the "Valet Drop Off" Program in the morning. Read below for more info about Valet Drop off at Clover.
- If you park and walk your child into school, leave home early to find parking. Pay close attention to the "No Parking" signs. Street sweeping around the school is on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8am-10am. Do not park in the "Loading Only" zones on Clover Ave, Military Ave and Queensland Ave from 6:30am-9am and 1:30pm-4pm.
Please refer to the Clover Parking Map shown below. The specific times during which you may park on certain streets and parking areas are outlined below. However, street cleaning on the streets around Clover occurs on Monday and Tuesday mornings from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM, so be sure to check the street cleaning signs before you leave your car on those days.
- Bus parking only: Do not park or stop on Clover Avenue in the area near the auditorium that is signed for “Buses Only”. Parking tickets for this area are $240!
- Clover Avenue: The rest of the front of the school is designated as a loading zone from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM. You may unload your children here but you may not park and leave your car. At the end of the day, you must have your children meet you at the curb if you choose the front of the school as your pick up point. The ticket for parking in this area is $30. You may park your car in the front of the school (excluding the bus zone) for 2 hours between 9:00 AM and 1:30 PM.
- Military Avenue: The school gate on Military Avenue is open every morning before school and after school. This is a good drop off point for students, but is very congested. The west side of Military Avenue near the kindergarten yard is signed for 15 minute parking only. The rest of the street is designated as a loading zone with the same restrictions as those on the front of the school (see c above).
- Queensland and Bentley Avenues: There is unlimited parking on these two streets (subject to street cleaning, as mentioned above). We have a school gate on Queensland Avenue that is open before and after school. This is an excellent place to drop off and pick up your children because it is not congested.
- Teachers’ Parking Lot: This area is strictly for Teachers’ Use Only. Do not drop your children off or park in this lot. It is very important that parents and students not park in or walk through the staff lot to enter the campus. This is a dangerous area for children to be walking through. Also, do not drive onto the play yard to drop off or pick up your children.
Safety is our #1 priority at Clover!
VALET DROP-OFF PROGRAM
The Valet Drop-off Program is organized by parent and student volunteers as a safe and easy option for dropping off children at school. From 7:45am - 8:10am every morning, there are three drop-off lanes: Clover Ave, Military Ave, and Queensland Ave.
(Note: This service is only for first grade students and older. You must walk your Pre-K and Kindergarten students into the Kindergarten yard personally.)
Using Valet Drop-off is easy, but for everyone's safety, please adhere to the following procedures for drop-off:
- Reduce speed as you enter the valet lane separated by the cones and wait in line.
- Proceed to the front of the line and wait for a volunteer to open the door.
- Make sure lunches/lunch money and backpacks are with your child(ren). DO NOT get out of your car to retrieve items from the trunk.
- Once your child has safely exited the car (from passenger's side of the car ONLY), the volunteer will close the door.
- Enter traffic cautiously. NO U-turns in the school zone.
NOTE: Please do not park in the valet zone. Many parts of the streets surrounding the school are LOADING ONLY from 6:30AM-9:00AM and 1:30PM-4:00PM. If you leave your car even for a short while you might be ticketed.
Please remember to use crosswalks if you walk to school. DO NOT JAYWALK!
Please contact Alicia Russo at email@example.com (310.428.5171) or Haruko Takeshita at firstname.lastname@example.org (310.838.2964) if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns regarding the Valet Drop-off. Also, if you are interested in helping valet, please contact us! All we need are a few generous parents willing to provide 30 minutes one morning/week (from 7:45AM to 8:15AM) No experience required.