A Message from the Principal
On behalf of all of the teachers and staff at Clover Avenue, we welcome you and your child to a new school year. Clover is a school with a strong sense of community. As a learning community, we share a common mission in assuring a quality education for all children. The Clover Avenue Mission Statement and Vision are reflected HERE.
We welcome Laura Cole to 5th Grade and Lynn Van to Kindergarten. Laura comes to us from Berendo Middle School and Lynn from 92nd St. Elementary. We are delighted to welcome her to our school community. Also joining us this school year as instructional aides are Deepa Narayanan and Kristene Potes.
As we begin a new year, we want to emphasize that student achievement is the focus of our instructional team. As a parent, you are a key member of that team. Our staff is dedicated to the belief that each child will be provided opportunities to reach their full academic and social potential. In support of that belief, our staff is committed to do the following:
- Have high expectations for all of our learners.
- Provide motivation for the learning process.
- Arrange opportunities for all learners to be successful.
- Provide a caring and positive class atmosphere for all students.
- Implement a rigorous core curriculum that includes the Grade Level Standards.
- Strive to be aware of the individual needs of your child.
- Communicate with you regularly regarding your child’s progress.
We rely on your support in all areas of the learning process in order for your child to truly excel. We need the dedication of our parents to do the following:
- Have high expectations for your child.
- Provide a quiet place for your child to study.
- Encourage your child to complete his/her homework.
- Make sure your child gets an adequate night's sleep.
- See that your child arrives at school on time every day.
- Spend at least 20 minutes per day reading with your child.
- Attend Back to School Night, Parent Conferences and Open House.
- Encourage your child to be positive in his or her learning.