PARENTS & COMMUNITY
LEARN/School Site Council
In 1995, Clover became a LEARN school (Los Angeles Educational Alliance for Restructuring Now), which allows high-performing schools more autonomy within the Los Angeles Unified School District. The Clover LEARN Council is responsible for decisions relating to education and finance at the school. It is composed of parents, teachers and other staff, each of whom are elected by their peers to serve a two-year term. You are invited to attend LEARN meetings at any time, if you would like to get more involved, or if you would simply like to see what’s going on in school leadership. The committee needs two elected parent representatives each year. The LEARN Council typically meets on the last Thursday of each month. Specific dates and times can be found on the yearly and monthly school calendar at the left.
LEARN subcommittees, staffed by teachers and parents, meet as needed. The subcommittees are:
- Curriculum: Discusses and evaluates new types of teaching materials and approaches.
- Technology: Reviews alternatives for bringing technology (computers, animation, etc.) to the classroom and oversees the operation of the computer lab.
- Professional Development: Identifies opportunities for continuing development for teachers and other staff.
- Parent Involvement and Communication: Works to facilitate communication and coordination between parents, staff and the LEARN Council.
- Pupil Support: Organizes instruction and social services for “at risk” students.
- Budget: Helps allocate the school’s budget between various programs.
The Clover Avenue Booster Club is a non-profit organization run by parent volunteers, whose purpose is to raise money to support our school and fill in funding gaps where LAUSD falls short. All funds raised by the Booster Club go directly to our school. Booster Club fundraisers have paid for the following:
Computer lab and computer lab technician
School beautification (murals, gardens, gardener)
Art curriculum and supplies
Physical Education program
Library books and supplies
Kiln room supplies
Classroom supplies and materials for teachers
Teacher and Instructional Aides
The Booster Club has rolled the traditional PTA activities and fundraisers into the Booster Club. These include a holiday food drive, assembling of emergency preparedness kits, coordination of room parents, help in the classroom, educational assemblies, safety programs (i.e. valet drop off), and providing for needy families at the school.
We’re looking forward to funding some new and exciting projects this year. Please come to Booster Club meetings to learn about these projects and to offer your input. Meetings are typically held every other Wednesday, one meeting per month at 8:15 AM and one at 2:45 PM. Specific dates and times can be found on the yearly & monthly school calendar at your left. Most importantly, please support each fundraiser so that we may continue to provide these services to Clover.
ELAC = English Language Acquisition varies from year to year. Please contact the school for more information